Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rimmel London and Kiss Prize Packs from Influenster

Hello my lovelies!

One of the coolest things about being a member of Influesnter, is that upon occasion, you receive a brand challenge with a guaranteed prize. With my last VoxBox I received TWO guaranteed prizes- one from KISS products and the other from Rimmel London.  


Not familiar with Influenster?  Head on over HERE to my blog post about the Rose VoxBox that they send me for reviewing purposes.  It won't take long.  It's cool- I'll wait.

Back now?  Awesome. On to the fun stuff.


Prize pack from the Influenster Kiss Product challenge

The first prize pack that I received was the Kiss Products prize pack.  I received a set of imPRESS Press on Manicure nails from Broadway Nails and a Kiss Nail Artist kit.
Broadway Nails imPRESS Press on Manicure Kit, in Homewrecker, 24 nails, retails for $6.79 at drugstores nationwide. 
I have tried press on nails in the past, and have had a "hit or miss" kind of luck with them.  I gave these a try, and was quite surprised at how well they stayed on my nails.  I keep my nails very short, as a rule, and have long nail beds and wide nails.  The largest size nail was just shy of being big enough for my nails, but I was able to use the kit.  

These nails have a sticker back, that adheres the artificial nail to your natural nail.  A prep pad is included in the kit to get your nails completely clean and ready.  All you need to do is match up the size, peel off the plastic that covers the sticky, and press the nail firmly onto your nail.  


Broadway Nails imPRESS nails in Homewrecker
I gave these a try, and these nails lasted about 5 days on my nails with heavy use.  Because they didn't quite fit my nails properly, I kept getting a hair caught in the nails, when brushing my hair, or pulling it up in a pony tail.  It wasn't enough to pull the nails off, but it was a bit annoying.  I would say that anyone who has slimmer nails than I do, would have great luck with these nails. I may pick up some cute patterns for special events, and save myself the nail art work!
Kiss Nail Artist Kit, in Beach Bash, retails for $6.99 available at most drug stores.
I love me some nail art, so I was very excited to receive this kit in my prize pack!  In my kit, there were 3 bottles of nail art polish, in neon orange, beach yellow and purple glitter.  Each bottle is7.5 ml/0.25 fl oz, and has a skinny nail art brush.   Included in this kit are 30 stencils for nail art, that stick onto the nails.

Swatches of neon orange, beach yellow and purple glitter polishes

I tried this kit out and found it to work very nicely for nail art.  I will definitely be using them to create some nifty nail looks!  For me and my particular skill set, I didn't find the stencils easy to use.  I'm sure people with more artistic abilities would be able to do more with this kit than I can, but I'm always happy to add more nail art supplies to my collection!

My Rimmel London prize pack arrived a couple weeks after this one, and this prize pack really knocked my socks off!

Rimmel London Prize Pack


In my prize pack, I received 2 Scandaleyes eyeliners, both in black- one is the Thick and Thin eyeliner, the other the Precision Micro eyeliner; Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara, and 2 Show Off Lip Lacquers, in the shades Celestial and Big Bang.  I've never really given a fair try to Rimmel London, before, and that is something that I definitely will change!

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Thick & Thin Eyeliner,Shade 001 Black, Waterproof, Slanted 2 in 1 Felt-tip, full size (0.04 fl oz/1.1 ml), priced at $5.99 available HERE.
This lovely liner has a calligraphy pen-style tip, so it's like getting two liners for the price of one!  Hold the liner one way, and a thick line is achieved; hold it the other and you have a perfect skinny line.  I gave this liner a try and it did a very nice job, for a drugstore liner.  I didn't find this as long wearing as some of my "prestige brand" liners, but it defintely got the job done, and I'm so happy to have been able to give it a try.  I think the 2 in 1 style tip is a great idea, and something I hope to see in more colors than black- I love my teal and purple liners!

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner,Shade 001 Black, Waterproof, Ultra Fine Felt-tip, full size (0.04 fl oz/1.1 ml), priced at $5.99 available HERE.
The second eyeliner in my prize pack is an ultra fine felt tip liner, also in black.  This liner is awesome for achieving a super skinny line, and lasted an acceptable amount of time, on me.  While I prefer the Lorac Front of the Line Pro eyeliner (I'll be writing about this gem in a post soon, I promise!) this is a very nice drugstore liner, and is very easy to use.  I didn't find this liner to be the blackest black I've ever used, but it is definitely black, and is a perfectly nice eyeliner.

Swatch of the Thick and Thin eyeliner on top; swatch of Precision Mirco Eyeliner on the bottom.
Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara with Grow-Lash Complex,Shade 001 Black, Clump-free micro-fiber formula, full size (0.33 fl oz/10 mL), priced at $8.99, available HERE.
I have a pretty large stash of mascara in my makeup box, but that doesn't mean I'm ever NOT excited to try a new one!  While my current favorite drugstore mascara is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara (the black one with the white bulls eyes on the packaging), I'm always excited to try out another one!  I gave this a try, and while it applies very nicely, I unfortunately have raccoon eyes when I wear it.  I've been testing it anyways to see if I can testify on whether or not it has made my lashes actually grow, and I'll let you all know when and if I see some results.

Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in 101 Celestial, full size (0.18 fl oz/5.5 ml), priced at $4.79, available HERE.



Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang, full size (0.18 fl oz/5.5 ml), priced at $4.79, available HERE.

I seriously love lip products, and was very excited to see these in my prize pack!  These Lip Lacquers come in a nice array of colors, and apply using a doe foot applicator. The shades that I was sent are very flattering on my skin tone, and applied very smoothly.  Seriously I am in LOVE with the Celestial shade!  

Swatches of Big Bang (top), and Celestial (bottom)
All in all, I am so happy to have received these prize packs!  My favorite item in them is, hands down, the Lip Lacquer in Celestial.  I will certainly be picking more of these up in the near future, and the Rimmel London brand will be getting more of my attention in the future!

Until next time, my lovelies- stay Average!



Wordle: Untitled
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me, as a prize for completing a brand challenge through Influenster.  I was neither requested nor required to review these items, and all links in this post are NOT referral links.  I strive for honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.