Friday, June 14, 2013

June 2013 Target Beauty Box Review!

It's been an awesome mail week here, and hopefully at your home, too!  I received a BRAND NEW box in the mail, the Target Beauty Box!

Target had previously send out free beauty bags to customers, and have just started a new subscription service, with boxes mailing out for just $5!  I signed up for this bag on May 2, and it took exactly six weeks to arrive at my home.  Target has indicated that they are planning to offer a box as a monthly subscription, and for $5 a month, I'm in- just maybe have some better communication, Target? Please?

I found this box via Facebook, and I'm very happy that I did!  When it finally arrived in the mail, it was like a nice treat because it took so long to get here, I had nearly forgotten that I ordered it!  If you are interested in this box, keep checking back here, or on Target Style's facebook page- I am sure that they will post again when it becomes available as a monthly subscription, and I'll pop in here and let you all know that it's up and running.

Ok, enough with the pomp and circumstance- on to the goodies, right?

Pretty wrapping!
The box came shipped in another box to protect it, and when I opened that shipping box, I was greeted with this beauty.  I love the water-colored wrapper that is on the box!

First look
Once I removed the wrapping, I found a pretty, reusable white box, with a removable lid.  Inside that was a pretty layer of red tissue paper.

I absolutely love it when boxes arrive with an insert card- and this was no exception.  One side of the card listed the products inside my box, and the other side had a coupon for $3 off my beauty product purchase of $15.  I recently read on Facebook that they are extending the coupon's validity until July 15- a very smart move since the boxes are just now arriving- I was one of the first to receive it!  The insert card also tells that Target is planning to make this a monthly thing, and I am excited to hear that!

Gillette Venus & Ola Razor Kit, with 1 cartridge.  Available HERE (different scent); retail value $8.99.
The first thing I pulled out of my box was the largest item, a Gillette Venus & Olay Razor kit.  It contains one cartridge with Olay moisture bars on it, the razor handle, and a holder to put onto my shower wall so that it can air dry.

I've never tried this style of razor before, with the moisture bars.  I always use regular shaving cream, but I'm excited to try this out.  The scent I received is Sugarberry (razors have scent?), and it smells SO good!  

The razor set out of its package
The razor also has 5 blades (instead of the 2 or 3 blade razors I usually use), so I would say that this would provide a very close shave.  I'll keep you all posted as to how I like it (my legs are silky smooth right now, courtesy of my Bic Soleil Fun and Flirty party razors!)!
GRADE: 4/5 (those refills are expensive!)

Fekkai Glossing Cream, 2 oz (small full size); retail value $9.00. Available HERE (or in the Glossing Starter Kit, HERE, $26.09).
The next item I pulled out of my pretty little box is a squeeze tube of what I thought was lotion.  It is actually hair styling cream. Fekkai Glossing Cream has a light floral scent and is used to hydrate hair, remove frizz and add shine.  A little goes a long way, so this tube will last me quite a while!  Tiny love has frizzy curls, and this makes her hair silky soft.  Love it!
GRADE: 5/5

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in Queen of the Jungle (full size); retail value at Target: $8.50; also available at Amazon for $4.74.
My love affair with my nails needs no encouraging, and yet the beauty boxes send me things to tempt me.  I'm perfectly okay with that!  June's Target box featured Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips.  I have NEVER tried these before, but they are said to last up to 10 days.  Target sent out several different patterns (from what I have seen), and I received shade number 460 Queen of the Jungle.  I hate the name, but I LOVE the giraffe print on the nail strips!  

Can I have some love for my Giraffe nails?!

I gave these a try, and I absolutely LOVE them!  They went on very easily (I followed the package insert directions to the letter) and look fantastic.  I have very short nails (on purpose!), but these would totally work on longer nails as well.  There are 16 strips in a pack, and they can be sized down to fit a nail, if necessary, with an orange stick.  I will definitely find these in my local store (Target is just as far away from me as my Ulta) and repurchase them.  
GRADE: 5/5 Perfection!

L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Light, 0.025 fl. oz foil pack, retail value $0.20. Available HERE, $7.99 for 1 oz.

I also received a foil pack sample of L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream in Light.  I had tried this before (at a friend's House Party, actually), and I really liked it.  I'll definitely put this sample to good use (and store the excess for a second use in a little plastic tub!).
GRADE: 4/5

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo Dual Action Acne Treatment, 0.17 fl oz foil pack, retail value $4.66. Full size available HERE; $36.99 for 1.35 oz.

The last sample in my box is one that I will give to my daughter.  I received La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo.  This product is a dual action acne treatment, and as there is young lady in my home who is currently in the throws of puberty (attitude and all!), I think she is the right one to try it out.  Another item to store in a tiny plastic jar so that we can get multiple uses out of the foil pack!
GRADE 3/5 (neutral, for now)


Target's FIRST Beauty Box- June 2013
All in all I was really pleased with this box- I just wish it had been her a little sooner or had received updates from Target, or a shipping confirmation...you get the picture.

As always, here's the financial breakdown:
Gilette Venus & Olay Razor: $8.99
Fekkai Glossing Cream: $9.00
Sally Hanson Real Nail Polish Strips: $8.50 (Target) or $4.74
L'Oreal Magic Skin BB Cream: $0.20
La Roche-Posay Efficlar Duo: $4.66
Total retail value: $31.35 (or $27.59 if you use the Target price for the nail strips)
Out of Pocket: $5 (shipping is included)

I'd have to say, that because I can use everything I received, it's a fantastic deal!  If I had hated everything, it still would have been worth the $5, since I had never tried these brands before and would know to stay away. 

Tell me- did you try the new Target Beauty Box?  Would you try this sub if it does become a monthly thing?

Wordle: Untitled 

Disclaimer: This review is solely my opinion, on a product I paid for with my own money my husband's money.  I have not been compensated for this opinion in any way, and it is my honest thoughts on the products listed above.  None of the links in this post are referral links. I strive for honesty :)


2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your Giraffe nail strips! I got black ones with gold and silver glitter!
    marinewife22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously loving nail strips now! This box was worth the $5 just to find this awesome treasure :) Sorry you didn't like the ones you received.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.