Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Weekend in Words

I'm sorry this "Monday" post is so late- with President's Day on Monday, and Tuesday is my Girl Scout day, this is honestly the first time I've had to sit down and do a weekly reflection post- but really, what do you expect from someone as Only Average as me?

This was another weekend of cookie booths, Valentine's dinner with my husband, and the first weekend of Lent.  Tell you what, we all forgot about fish on Friday until lunchtime, and major props to IRSD for offering meat free options in their school lunches during Lent this year- a first, since K started attending there!

So, without further ado, here is my weekly reflection on the craziness of my so called life:

It doesn't matter how many times you check with someone about confirming plans; if there is a snowflake in the air- expect at least one person to cancel.  It's guaranteed.

Sometimes, it just doesn't matter.

If you own a truck, expect to be asked to help someone move.  Especially if it's cookie season, and you have to help pack up booths in your vehicle.

Just because there is a cash register at the front of the table, doesn't meant you are supposed to pay at the door.  Ok, seriously, people.  I hate the confusion this causes.  Am I supposed to pay my server or at the register?  If I do the wrong one, I just know that people will think we are trying to dine and dash, and that is SO not true.  So restaurants, please don't put a cash register right across from the door, if you don't want people to pay there.  Or print "please pay your server" on your receipts.  Really, it would make a difference.

Being socially awkward isn't fun.

If you babysitter is cancelled for the third time in a row, for your Valentine's day dinner, your husband will be awesome and come up with a plan to make sure you still get your dinner date.  How very sweet.

Yellow roses make everyone smile.

A $10 Dora balloon will keep the peace in your house for about 3 hours.  Totally worth it.

President's day sales are AWESOME.  

A $4 Angry Birds watch will be required if you want to leave Walmart without a HUGE scene.  There will STILL be a scene, but the watch will make it smaller.

Nail polish and Strawberry Shortcake dolls don't mix well.
 
Quick dry blue nail polish may be awesome on your nails, but is not good for coffee tables.



That's about it for my averageness this weekend, hope you all are enjoying yourselves and having a great week!  Stay average!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all the comments and try to reply to everyone. It's the least I could do- it's very...Average.